The Student Room Group

Will a Top-up Degree make up for an Ordinary degree?

I graduated from Curtin University with a 3-year Bachelor in Commerce. It's recently that I have learned that most universities in the UK require a Degree with Honours to be eligible for a Master's. If I do a Top-Up Degree with Honours, in a differenr university, which should normally take 1.5 years to complete, will I be eligible for Master's Programmes?
Probably but some mid to poor tier unis accept 2:2s and thirds (ordinaries). Might be worth asking. They want your money more than anything
Reply 2
Original post by AdooMru
I graduated from Curtin University with a 3-year Bachelor in Commerce. It's recently that I have learned that most universities in the UK require a Degree with Honours to be eligible for a Master's. If I do a Top-Up Degree with Honours, in a differenr university, which should normally take 1.5 years to complete, will I be eligible for Master's Programmes?

Bear in mind that your Australian qualification won't necessarily map directly across to a UK qualification. (Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't -- I personally don't know.)

If there are specific UK universities you're considering studying at, it might be worth you asking their postgrad admissions teams what their view is. Tell them what course you're interested in studying, and tell them what your existing qualification is. They should be able to tell you whether it's worth applying with the existing qualification, or whether you'd need to "top up" to a better qualification.
Reply 3
Original post by 3Engineer141592
Probably but some mid to poor tier unis accept 2:2s and thirds (ordinaries). Might be worth asking. They want your money more than anything

Neither a 2:2, nor a a third, is an "ordinary" degree. A 2:2 and a third are both degrees with honours. An "ordinary" degree is a degree without honours.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending