The Student Room Group

How to find critics for ASND and TWW coursework (A-level English literature)?

So we have to actually, properly reference critics' quotes (like including the article/book/paper, the publisher, the year) and I am struggling to even figure out where to begin?? I don't think the critics have to be specific to ASND and TWW, it can be any statement someone has made that links to your argument but I don't know how to look for that
Reply 1
Original post by TeaOnRice
So we have to actually, properly reference critics' quotes (like including the article/book/paper, the publisher, the year) and I am struggling to even figure out where to begin?? I don't think the critics have to be specific to ASND and TWW, it can be any statement someone has made that links to your argument but I don't know how to look for that

here are some things you can use to find critics:
- books. Honestly, just search up the name of the books you’re doing and someone would probably have written something about it. You can also do this for your theme/philosophical ideas (ie. Oppression of women in the 1950s) Try finding some in a library or ordering some in (sometimes your college will do this for you)
search up the book title + a theme. some past studies will probably come up.
- academic search engines. I personally use refseek.org (go to the documents part) and it collects all of the pdfs you can find on the web so it’s easy to find past studies
- online archives + libraries. jstor, the internet archive, and worldcat.org are great places to find online resources. You should get access through your college email.

Quick Reply

Latest