The Student Room Group

Sixth Forms or colleges that accept adults?

Hey everyone,

I am 24-years-old. I am hoping to relocate next year and go to a college that offers vocational courses and A-Levels for adults (as well as 16 to 18-year-olds).

I have found a college, but they said they are basically prioritising 16 to 18-year olds first. If there's any space left on the course for next year they will take me on. This has left me with some anxiety as I come from Essex and am looking to relocate in England anywhere that takes on adults for vocational courses and A-Levels. I have 2 colleges in mind, but one of them said they have adult infill students - even though they have a whole section of adult education on their website.

Should I email the principle of the college? I only ever done 1-year of further education when I was 16 to 19-years old. This was due to illness.

I don't know what to do really.
Original post by MillieB1999xx
Hey everyone,

I am 24-years-old. I am hoping to relocate next year and go to a college that offers vocational courses and A-Levels for adults (as well as 16 to 18-year-olds).

I have found a college, but they said they are basically prioritising 16 to 18-year olds first. If there's any space left on the course for next year they will take me on. This has left me with some anxiety as I come from Essex and am looking to relocate in England anywhere that takes on adults for vocational courses and A-Levels. I have 2 colleges in mind, but one of them said they have adult infill students - even though they have a whole section of adult education on their website.

Should I email the principle of the college? I only ever done 1-year of further education when I was 16 to 19-years old. This was due to illness.

I don't know what to do really.

I guess just applyI mean what do you have to loose.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending