The Student Room Group

College vs sixth form

Why do you need higher grades for sixth form if people say they offer the same amount of education?? Wondering which route I should take, and haven’t been able to find an answer on which would benefit me more !! Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by juststop
Why do you need higher grades for sixth form if people say they offer the same amount of education?? Wondering which route I should take, and haven’t been able to find an answer on which would benefit me more !! Thanks

It depends, the college I attended required higher grades for the A-Level course compared to my school's sixth form.

I feel like it is mainly because colleges usually offer more BTEC and Vocational courses compared to sixth forms and majority of the time, they just require passes at GCSE for the BTEC/Vocational route which gives a lot of people the impression that colleges are easier to get into.

Colleges offer A-Levels but I feel like in comparison to Sixth Forms, it isn't front and center since colleges also focus on part time courses or paid adult courses and their higher education courses unlike sixth forms which are strictly for 16-18 year olds.
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending