The Student Room Group

Student finance wales

Hi all, so I’m due to start my studies in October this year with the open university. I want to do an access to higher education diploma there and then go to a university in person to get my degree.

Does anyone know if I can get funding for both of these? I see things saying you can get funding until you have a degree but then some other places say you can only get it for one higher education course so I am confused.

I don’t want to do 2 years in open uni only to find out that I won’t get finance for uni and can’t afford it.

Thanks in advance for any help x
OU don't offer Access to HE Diplomas as far as I know. Their Access modules aren't Access to HE Diplomas - you can search for Access to HE Diplomas on

Generally if you study at OU for 2 years and get a qualification at the end of it then you wouldn't be eligible for a tuition fee loan for year 1 of a full time on campus degree course.

Quick Reply