The Student Room Group

Not getting into my course

I applied for occupational therapy on conditional offer. I passed my interview but i didn’t get the grades. I have no clue what to do now. The uni said that Access to Higher Education Diploma would be best for me . I’m confused as to how I apply for this and if I do apply for this does it mean i need to do I course I don’t won’t to do? I really want to do occupational therapy and nothing else.
Reply 1
Original post by Mayakkx
I applied for occupational therapy on conditional offer. I passed my interview but i didn’t get the grades. I have no clue what to do now. The uni said that Access to Higher Education Diploma would be best for me . I’m confused as to how I apply for this and if I do apply for this does it mean i need to do I course I don’t won’t to do? I really want to do occupational therapy and nothing else.

The access course is just a one year course instead of retaking the A levels so that you can reapply for occupational therapy afterwards. Just make sure that the schools you want to go to accept the access course and that you do the right one as there are several.
Original post by Mayakkx

There are several options open to you:

- retake your A levels in May/June 2024 (the cheapest option);
- an Access to HE Diploma (takes a year; often taken through a local college; financing is available)
- a foundation year course at uni if there are any available in clearing (student financing available)

Do you have enough UCAS points now to apply for a foundation year?

More info here on the Access to HE Diploma:

https://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/about-access

Quick Reply

Latest