The Student Room Group

How to transfer

Hi

I'm currently in my 1st year studying games development at my uni but I want to transfer over to a different uni to study games art. I've discussed with the universities I'm looking at and it was mentioned I can go straight into my second year if I get a good enough grade on the shared modules (art). I wanted to ask on here if anyone knows how I would go about transferring when it comes to UCAS and student finance. Is there a step-by-step guide? Also, is it too late? It's March but I saw that the deadline can be extended until June.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Luluca0507
Hi

I'm currently in my 1st year studying games development at my uni but I want to transfer over to a different uni to study games art. I've discussed with the universities I'm looking at and it was mentioned I can go straight into my second year if I get a good enough grade on the shared modules (art). I wanted to ask on here if anyone knows how I would go about transferring when it comes to UCAS and student finance. Is there a step-by-step guide? Also, is it too late? It's March but I saw that the deadline can be extended until June.

There is a Transfer FAQ pinned to the top of this forum which is a decent guide.

If the incoming uni have already said yes, then fundamentally you just need to submit an aplication to them via UCAS. You can pick year of entry 2. You need to list your current study in your education history, (with an end date assuming you leave them to join the other course - this doesn't commit you to leaving if you change your mind). You also need a reference from your current uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending