The Student Room Group

NHS Scotland pre-employment checks

Does anyone have experience and know how long pre-employment checks can take from the moment you're given your conditional offer? I know most of mine should be done as both my chosen references have confirmed submitting the ref request and my pvg has already come through the post. Thank you!
Original post by Coconutfluff
Does anyone have experience and know how long pre-employment checks can take from the moment you're given your conditional offer? I know most of mine should be done as both my chosen references have confirmed submitting the ref request and my pvg has already come through the post. Thank you!

Your pre-empted checks shouldn't take long as my own PVG checked was done within a week or so and then I was able to work on temporary band 4 nursing contract until I received my adult nursing registration back from NMC. I was offered provisionally a job depending on passing the final exams back in early June.

Don't worry as you'll soon receive it back. But it may be down the individual health board or the hospital recruitment and management team who is holding things up, you could always phone them to ask when you will receive clarification about starting your job.

I just recently qualified as a NHS Scott adult nurse.
Reply 2
Original post by Littleemma98
Your pre-empted checks shouldn't take long as my own PVG checked was done within a week or so and then I was able to work on temporary band 4 nursing contract until I received my adult nursing registration back from NMC. I was offered provisionally a job depending on passing the final exams back in early June.

Don't worry as you'll soon receive it back. But it may be down the individual health board or the hospital recruitment and management team who is holding things up, you could always phone them to ask when you will receive clarification about starting your job.

Congratulations.
Original post by Zoefav
Congratulations.

Thanks you very much 🙏🙏
Reply 4

Congratulations!
Congratulations!

Thanks for your congratulations 🎉 as appreciated 😊👍

Have you received your PVG back yet and hopefully everything is sorted out for you with your conditional offer with NHS
Reply 7
Have you received your PVG back yet and hopefully everything is sorted out for you with your conditional offer with NHS

Hey! My pvg had already come through at the time of my original post. I've not heard back yet and I have been told I'm still on pre employment checks. My references and pvg are all done so I suspect it's OH? Was told it takes a considerable amount of time. It's been nearly two months 🙈
Hey! My pvg had already come through at the time of my original post. I've not heard back yet and I have been told I'm still on pre employment checks. My references and pvg are all done so I suspect it's OH? Was told it takes a considerable amount of time. It's been nearly two months 🙈

Apologies for the late response back 🙏

So you have your PVG back - so everything is fine with that. Apologies as I missed your part about the PVG in your original posting.

Your pre employment checks shouldn't take over two months 😕😕. Occupational health maybe waiting for information from your GP before they decide to give a definite answer which still shouldn't take that long.

Have you noticed the employer to ask them what's the hold up..😕

Where are you going to ( which NHS Scotland health board are you going to work with).
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending