The Student Room Group

Difference between Bsc and Msc for physiotherapy undergrad

Hiya im in year 13, applying to physio. Is there a difference in doing the Bsc (3years) or the 4year integrated masters physio (like at Birmingham or Plymouth?)
Is it better to do the masters - job wise? Would I have to do a masters for an additonal 2years after if I did the bsc physio course? How does it work and what's the difference?
(edited 4 months ago)
Funding-wise, better to do an integrated masters, (as you get the more favourable fees associated with an undergrad course for the duration).
Original post by student1708123
Hiya im in year 13, applying to physio. Is there a difference in doing the Bsc (3years) or the 4year integrated masters physio (like at Birmingham or Plymouth?)
Is it better to do the masters - job wise? Would I have to do a masters for an additonal 2years after if I did the bsc physio course? How does it work and what's the difference?

I think it will largely depend on where you see yourself working when you graduate. If you intend to work for the NHS, then you would be able to apply for band 5 jobs in the NHS when you graduate with a BSc or a pre-registration masters (a pre-registration masters is a two-year accelerated course for graduates holding another degree who want to retrain in physiotherapy).

There is the opportunity once you have gained some graduate work experience to undertake a masters course to further your professional development. Often, these can be taken part time while will you continue to work for your employer and your employer might also pay or contribute towards the course fees.

From what I can gather, if working for the NHS, you still enter on band 5 if you complete a 4-year integrated masters. However, if you plan to work overseas or for other employers, then having the masters might be an advantage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending