The Student Room Group

Becoming a teacher?

Hi,

I am currently in year 13 and I used to want to be a secondary school teacher until I decided that I wasn't patient enough. Recently, lots of people, including teachers at my school, have said I would make a good teacher, and I am starting to ant to do it again.

The only problem is that my mum used to be a teacher and she said the actual teaching bit was good but the politics were terrible and she wouldn't recommend that anyone become a teacher. This is putting me off a bit- should I still go for it?

Thanks!
Original post by R$&9267
Hi,

I am currently in year 13 and I used to want to be a secondary school teacher until I decided that I wasn't patient enough. Recently, lots of people, including teachers at my school, have said I would make a good teacher, and I am starting to ant to do it again.

The only problem is that my mum used to be a teacher and she said the actual teaching bit was good but the politics were terrible and she wouldn't recommend that anyone become a teacher. This is putting me off a bit- should I still go for it?

Thanks!

I'd say if you love teaching go for it, you'll learn to be patient over time, + if your moving fast i guess you could be teaching a higher set which moves at a fast pace?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending