The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Traveling

Hello everyone, im studying business and management in dmu. Actually I want to see my grandmother in december. Recently she suffered from two heart attacks. There is one family function is going on 10th december. So it's really big thing for me I want to give surprise to my grandma. I went to student advice centre and they yes you can go but if you are going more then 2 weeks then you have to submit form. But mine is less than week. I just want to know when I will come back then our vacations will be going so.. is there any deadline so which I have to come back. I'm going on 5th december. Please guide me
Reply 1
I deleted your PM. Din't PM me this stuff.

Check again with student services and/or your academic advisor.

We don't know.
(edited 6 months ago)
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Navsaini
Hello everyone, im studying business and management in dmu. Actually I want to see my grandmother in december. Recently she suffered from two heart attacks. There is one family function is going on 10th december. So it's really big thing for me I want to give surprise to my grandma. I went to student advice centre and they yes you can go but if you are going more then 2 weeks then you have to submit form. But mine is less than week. I just want to know when I will come back then our vacations will be going so.. is there any deadline so which I have to come back. I'm going on 5th december. Please guide me

Hi there @Navsaini - firstly, I'm sorry to hear that your Grandmother has not been well recently. It is great news that you are able to go home and be with your family for the function in December, to be together :redface:

I would advise that as you will be gone for less than one week, as your Faculty Advice Centre has said, this will be okay. Our term here at DMU would conclude, as per our Academic Calendar (here), on the 15th of December 2023. For direct confirmation and support for any study you may miss during your absence please do reach out to the team in your Faculty Advice Centre again :rolleyes:

Best wishes,

- Rose:rose:, De Montfort University Rep.
Reply 3
Original post by De Montfort University
Hi there @Navsaini - firstly, I'm sorry to hear that your Grandmother has not been well recently. It is great news that you are able to go home and be with your family for the function in December, to be together :redface:

I would advise that as you will be gone for less than one week, as your Faculty Advice Centre has said, this will be okay. Our term here at DMU would conclude, as per our Academic Calendar (here), on the 15th of December 2023. For direct confirmation and support for any study you may miss during your absence please do reach out to the team in your Faculty Advice Centre again :rolleyes:

Best wishes,

Firstly i really thankful that you replied . I reallt appreciate it. I have just one question like our vacation are started from 16 december and from that we have allowed to do full time work and permission to do travel anywhere so it's alright if I comeback on newyear. Actually I'm from sikh family our Religious days start from 21 Dec to 30 december like our vacation will be overed on 8th January so I will have alot time. I will submit my assignment work in November and I also passed with flying colors from first semester. Thanks
Original post by Navsaini
Firstly i really thankful that you replied . I reallt appreciate it. I have just one question like our vacation are started from 16 december and from that we have allowed to do full time work and permission to do travel anywhere so it's alright if I comeback on newyear. Actually I'm from sikh family our Religious days start from 21 Dec to 30 december like our vacation will be overed on 8th January so I will have alot time. I will submit my assignment work in November and I also passed with flying colors from first semester. Thanks

@Navsaini You're very welcome! I would advise that, on a student VISA, you should be allowed to complete full-time work outside of Term Time during your Holidays. :smile:

To confirm this, you can find more detailed information about working during your studies from the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA).

Our January term begins again, after the seasonal break over December, on the 8th of January as you have mentioned. For direct confirmation and support for any study you may miss during your absence please do reach out to the team in your Faculty Advice Centre again :rolleyes: here: www.dmu.ac.uk/current-students/student-resources/student-advice-centres.aspx

Best wishes,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending