The Student Room Group

Appeal against marking review of A level 2023

Has anyone had success in getting the mark raised after a review of marking at A level? Statistics suggest is it rare to get any change to the marks at the appeal stage, but all else has failed so far!
Depending on what subject it is, idk but so many people who got remarks at the appeal stage because they didnt get the grades for their uni got crazy amounts of marks back. My friend got 14 marks back on one of his papers, and has called his other uni and will be starting there after half term.
Reply 2
Original post by sachnalalalal
Depending on what subject it is, idk but so many people who got remarks at the appeal stage because they didnt get the grades for their uni got crazy amounts of marks back. My friend got 14 marks back on one of his papers, and has called his other uni and will be starting there after half term.

Thank you for the reply. Was this at the review of the marking stage though (rather than the appeal, which would follow that if the applicant is still not satisfied that all was done correctly)? I too got enough marks at this stage to go up a grade in another subject. But the problem is with History. There was ‘no change’ at the review of marking here, but all three exam papers seem to have been marked very harshly.
Reply 3
Original post by sachnalalalal

How long did it take for your friend to hear back? I've been waiting 5 weeks for now and I'm sick of waiting

Quick Reply

Latest