The Student Room Group

What are the best websites to buy books from for Uni modules?

New undergrad here, and our UNI has given us access to SOME books free online...however, obviously there are still some books that are not free and we actually have to buy. I would rather buy the PDF version of books online but there are many options such as Amazon, the Oxford site which requires a subscription and others. What website should i buy from?
Original post by Nice_100
New undergrad here, and our UNI has given us access to SOME books free online...however, obviously there are still some books that are not free and we actually have to buy. I would rather buy the PDF version of books online but there are many options such as Amazon, the Oxford site which requires a subscription and others. What website should i buy from?

Do you strictly need it to be in PDF? I know a few sites for hardcover and softcover books.

The best course of action is always to go to the uni library and spend time reading the books from there (off the shelf or on short loan if necessary). Yes, it can mean you end up spending 3-6 hours in the library each day, but that's what you're suppose to do.
Reply 2
Original post by Nice_100

Use the free copies in the library - don;t buy books you'll hardly use again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending