The Student Room Group

Advice on error in final results

Hi,
Just after a bit of confirmation really to help put my mind at ease. Earlier in the year I submitted a PMC (personal mitigating circumstances) for Non-submission of an assignment due to my father being in hospital. I was given a compensated pass on this module and a reassessment for the missed assignment. Anyway I completed the reassessment, got the grade and it put the module up to a first, I completed a deferred placement 4th year and didn't think much more of it. I recently received my final results letter and that module still states compensated pass and no update on my real grade, actually massively affecting my overall grade and putting my overall results down a grade. I have appealed but just wondering if anyone has experienced similar, or if there is something I am missing ?

Cheers
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
Just after a bit of confirmation really to help put my mind at ease. Earlier in the year I submitted a PMC (personal mitigating circumstances) for Non-submission of an assignment due to my father being in hospital. I was given a compensated pass on this module and a reassessment for the missed assignment. Anyway I completed the reassessment, got the grade and it put the module up to a first, I completed a deferred placement 4th year and didn't think much more of it. I recently received my final results letter and that module still states compensated pass and no update on my real grade, actually massively affecting my overall grade and putting my overall results down a grade. I have appealed but just wondering if anyone has experienced similar, or if there is something I am missing ?

Cheers

Sounds like an admin error.

@gjd800 might have a useful opinion?
Reply 2
Thanks for the tag @ageshallnot

Yeah it does look like an administrative error - I'd be in touch with either your departmental admin or school admin, and possibly tag in the HoD or one of the leadership who knows/knew your situation to query this. In principle, it is a simple enough fix.
Reply 3
Thanks for the replies, just wanted people to agree it sounded like an error and there wasn't some fine print with compensated passes that I had missed !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending