The Student Room Group

How to tell if a guy is just using you

I’m in a relationship right now but I have noticed how his responses changed. Like he won’t tell me goodnight or I love you anymore. And he talks a lot about doing “it”. And I want to know what other ways to tell are. Anything helps!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I’m in a relationship right now but I have noticed how his responses changed. Like he won’t tell me goodnight or I love you anymore. And he talks a lot about doing “it”. And I want to know what other ways to tell are. Anything helps!

Hi, I'm not sure how old you are but having been in a relationship before myself these are not very good signs. The only thing you can really do to find out if what is there is genuine is to confront him on why he has stopped saying these phrases, but as you mentioned he talks more about doing 'it' and that might indicate that's really all that is on his mind. Men are not hard to understand they are quite straightforward, and although no one knows your relationship better than you, only you will be able to judge how real his feelings are for you. I hope this was helpful in some way and just want to remind you that you're worth more than that and deserve love the way you give it, good luck!
Reply 2
Hi, I'm not sure how old you are but having been in a relationship before myself these are not very good signs. The only thing you can really do to find out if what is there is genuine is to confront him on why he has stopped saying these phrases, but as you mentioned he talks more about doing 'it' and that might indicate that's really all that is on his mind. Men are not hard to understand they are quite straightforward, and although no one knows your relationship better than you, only you will be able to judge how real his feelings are for you. I hope this was helpful in some way and just want to remind you that you're worth more than that and deserve love the way you give it, good luck!

Thank you so much for the advice. To answer your question I’m a young adult. I won’t give my age but I will give my gender. I identify as a female.
Thank you so much for the advice. To answer your question I’m a young adult. I won’t give my age but I will give my gender. I identify as a female.

Alarm bells here end it especially if you are under 16
Reply 4
Original post by A jaded girl
Alarm bells here end it especially if you are under 16

I am older than 16 but younger than 30. Thank you for your help
Reply 5

- talks about doing "it" too frequently, doesn't try at aftercare, doesn't do anything else intimate unless its kissing. does he even make you finish?
- his replies are short/bare - not as talkative or seems to not care
-they give more attention to other girls than you
-he doesnt make you feel special or lucky
- he only sees you when he needs or wants you

idk stuff like that
Reply 6
Men communicate their true feelings and intentions with actions, not words. The quicker a woman figure this out, the less BS she'll have to put with.... if she wants to.
It's always quite interesting hearing women's experiences of manipulative characters as being male I only see one side of the dating game and women who might be manipulative or users. It can come as quite a surprise how savvy and manipulative some guys are, call me naive-am I?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 8
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
It's always quite interesting hearing women's experiences of manipulative characters as being make I only see one side of the dating game and women who might be manipulative or users. It can come as quite a surprise how savvy and manipulative some guys are, call me naive-am I?

ur not that naive. as a girl, im sometimes surprised how women can be manipulative also. maybe we are both naive idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending