The Student Room Group

What to do??

Hey all so iv got a bachelor's and master's degree's in computer science from Greenwich university but still can't get a job in it. So iv thought about doing another course but my parents don't want me to they just want me to get a job but told them that can't cos don't know enough unless I just do a basic I.T job but even they reject me too :frown: so what should I do??
Reply 1
Original post by cherlloydfan1
Hey all so iv got a bachelor's and master's degree's in computer science from Greenwich university but still can't get a job in it. So iv thought about doing another course but my parents don't want me to they just want me to get a job but told them that can't cos don't know enough unless I just do a basic I.T job but even they reject me too :frown: so what should I do??

I think I agree with your parents. I don't think doing another course will help much. You need to get some work experience, even if it is not directly in the industry you want. If you can't get a job at an IT company, maybe in a support/IT department of another type of company e.g. a supermarket or wherever. Even getting some volunteering work will help if you can't initially get paid work.
Original post by lalexm
I think I agree with your parents. I don't think doing another course will help much. You need to get some work experience, even if it is not directly in the industry you want. If you can't get a job at an IT company, maybe in a support/IT department of another type of company e.g. a supermarket or wherever. Even getting some volunteering work will help if you can't initially get paid work.

I agree.
Even if you take a job not related to your degree to start with. You can then get some work experience, a reference, voluntary work etc and apply to a job that is in the career area you want.
the thing is iv already applied for other jobs too but they reject me as well and iv done volunteering and internships too but nothing come of it
Reply 4
Original post by cherlloydfan1
the thing is iv already applied for other jobs too but they reject me as well and iv done volunteering and internships too but nothing come of it

Strange. As you already have a masters though, I don't think it is your lack of qualifications that is holding you back. Maybe your CV, interview skills, not sure.

Of course, if you degree was from say Imperial rather than Greenwich, you would prob be more attractive to employers, at least for your first job, but that's not going to change now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending