The Student Room Group

Pre-employment checks civil service South London

Hello my pre-employment checks for South London, it has been exactly 4 weeks since I got my provisional offer and started my pre-employment checks, I have contacted my references to make sure they received it and sent it. Is anyone else taking this long?

Has anyone else received a start date yet? and how long did it take from the provisional offer to the start date?

Has anyone from the south london campaign recieved a start date for the one that ended 12th july?

I asked if they could let me know at least how many months because I might have to start looking for another job. They said they could not provide me with a time frame? Isn't that kind of ridiculous?
Reply 1
Hi

I got a job offer from Defra around 9th June 2023 and I'm starting 23 October if that helps?my checks took very long
Reply 2
Original post by Bsheh
Hi

I got a job offer from Defra around 9th June 2023 and I'm starting 23 October if that helps?my checks took very long

That is ridiculously long. And you had no updates in between? That is 4 months. How did you cope?
Congrats on getting a start date though! You must feel a sense of relief.

I feel like they should be a policy within the civil service that they have to respond to their applicants within a specific time frame, even if there start date is way beyond it. Just so people can plan out their life better.

I'm thinking of getting a part time job just to help with my finances but I don't want to start and then they give me a start date. 🙃

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending