The Student Room Group

[Official thread] Hamas-Israel Conflict

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Awaitingquavers
what are the causes/history behind it?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%204&version=NIV

Cain and Abel

4 Adam[a] made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, “With the help of the Lord I have brought forth[c] a man.” 2 Later she gave birth to his brother Abel.

Now Abel kept flocks, and Cain worked the soil. 3 In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the Lord. 4 And Abel also brought an offering—fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The Lord looked with favor on Abel and his offering, 5 but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast.

6 Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? 7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.”

8 Now Cain said to his brother Abel, “Let’s go out to the field.”[d] While they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him.

9 Then the Lord said to Cain, “Where is your brother Abel?”

“I don’t know,” he replied. “Am I my brother’s keeper?”

10 The Lord said, “What have you done? Listen! Your brother’s blood cries out to me from the ground. 11 Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand. 12 When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth.”

13 Cain said to the Lord, “My punishment is more than I can bear. 14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

15 But the Lord said to him, “Not so[e]; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over.” Then the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him. 16 So Cain went out from the Lord’s presence and lived in the land of Nod,[f] east of Eden.

17 Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Cain was then building a city, and he named it after his son Enoch. 18 To Enoch was born Irad, and Irad was the father of Mehujael, and Mehujael was the father of Methushael, and Methushael was the father of Lamech.

19 Lamech married two women, one named Adah and the other Zillah. 20 Adah gave birth to Jabal; he was the father of those who live in tents and raise livestock. 21 His brother’s name was Jubal; he was the father of all who play stringed instruments and pipes. 22 Zillah also had a son, Tubal-Cain, who forged all kinds of tools out of[g] bronze and iron. Tubal-Cain’s sister was Naamah.

23 Lamech said to his wives,

“Adah and Zillah, listen to me;
wives of Lamech, hear my words.
I have killed a man for wounding me,
a young man for injuring me.
24 If Cain is avenged seven times,
then Lamech seventy-seven times.”
25 Adam made love to his wife again, and she gave birth to a son and named him Seth,[h] saying, “God has granted me another child in place of Abel, since Cain killed him.” 26 Seth also had a son, and he named him Enosh.

At that time people began to call on the name of the Lord.
Reply 61
BBC confirming that babies and children have been killed. Pure evil.

Some of these babies were beheaded in their cots. Let that sink in.
Original post by Barbu
BBC confirming that babies and children have been killed. Pure evil.

Some of these babies were beheaded in their cots. Let that sink in.

The BBC is not reliable and a propaganda machine for Western foreign policy
Original post by Zamestaneh
The BBC is not reliable and a propaganda machine for Western foreign policy

The BBC literally is getting attacked for being too pro-Hamas...

"One Hamas representative actually told Radio 4’s World at One that his side had not killed any civilians."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/columnists/2023/10/10/allison-pearson-hamas-massacre-israel-britain-jewish/

"BBC defended its use of ‘militant’ instead of ‘terrorists’ to describe the gunmen"

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/israel-gaza-conflict-bbc-news-wrong-comparis-hamas-warsaw-ghetto-uprising-2674452
Strange how news organisations always get labelled as biased when people who hold hardline views are confronted with reporting that clashes with their no doubt entirely objective perspective.
[quote=xxxxt.

Amazing, this is what it is with you people, you like to assume things about people. How about you read my post carefully, I’m generally curious
Original post by Tempest II
The BBC literally is getting attacked for being too pro-Hamas...

"One Hamas representative actually told Radio 4’s World at One that his side had not killed any civilians."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/columnists/2023/10/10/allison-pearson-hamas-massacre-israel-britain-jewish/

"BBC defended its use of ‘militant’ instead of ‘terrorists’ to describe the gunmen"

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/israel-gaza-conflict-bbc-news-wrong-comparis-hamas-warsaw-ghetto-uprising-2674452

So using "militants" does not make them biased? Perhaps the far right in the UK saying to me "get out of the country, Muslim" would show their tolerance to me because they are not instead calling me a "dirty P*ki". Choice of words is not always indicative of the intention behind the one using them, as you know
So using "militants" does not make them biased? Perhaps the far right in the UK saying to me "get out of the country, Muslim" would show their tolerance to me because they are not instead calling me a "dirty P*ki". Choice of words is not always indicative of the intention behind the one using them, as you know

Times are near brother
Reply 71
Hamas did not exist till Israel existed,

Israel was in existence long before Hamas was created.

The salty butthurt comments underneath really do make for some entertaining morning reading :lol:
Original post by Surnia
Israel was in existence long before Hamas was created.

You are proving my point - Hamas exists because of the theft of Palestine and subsequent genocide, apartheid and antisemitic oppression of the native semitic peoples who lived there long before the invasion by the European Ashkhenazim, North-African Sephardim and the Mizhrahim. Were it not for the existence of and racism of Israel, Hamas would not exist
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Don’t worry, those monsters don’t have long to live. Most of them will be blown to kingdom come by Israeli rockets.

More than 50% of casualties in Gaza are women and children. Of whatever is left, it is unknown what percentage are fighters or just average civilian men, but it is likely only a small percentage are combatants.

Hamas has killed at least 150 soldiers which amounts to around 10% of Israeli casualties, and as deplorable as the massacres have been, one can only guess how many of the males there were reservists or soldiers not on active duty or given leave for Sokkot. This is all to say that Israeli rockets have a similar blood cost to the tactics of Hamas. One should condemn both sides. Those who will further die as a result of the internationally recognised war crimes against Ghaza through cutting off food, water and electricity are unfortunately not counted as casualties but one can only guess that people will die as a result of the siege
You are proving my point - Hamas exists because of the theft of Palestine and subsequent genocide, apartheid and antisemitic oppression of the native semitic peoples who lived there long before the invasion by the European Ashkhenazim, North-African Sephardim and the Mizhrahim. Were it not for the existence of and racism of Israel, Hamas would not exist

Jewish Israel was a thing before Islam was invented and predates it by quite some time. We the British have given it back to them. You kinda need to get over it.
Original post by Guru Jason
Jewish Israel was a thing before Islam was invented and predates it by quite some time. We the British have given it back to them. You kinda need to get over it.

I believe the earliest references to a state called Israel come from 1209 BC.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by B7861
You obviously don’t know what you’re talking about, Israel has been killing innocent Palestinians for decades! And now just because the Palestinians have decided to retaliate everyone pays attention all of a sudden and they news starts covering it

Honestly it sickens me

Israel is recognized as a legitimate state by the entire Western World, including every 27 member countries of the EU/ Europe, by the Uk, by the USA.

Your pro-Palestine is out of date: I have friends in Lebanon and Palestine who deeply regret that Palestinians elected the terrorist organisation of
Hamas. In line with Kier Starmer and Rishi Sunak on Sky & BBC News just now, I wont dignify it by labelling it as a political party.

Hamas, Hezbollah, ,Isis, Al-Qaeda Taliban - have brought the upcoming carnage upon Gaza, Also there is an exit route to Egypt - the Palestinians
are not trapped. I'm very sorry, but your 1990's-style revisionism of the history of the Middle East reads like a dated cliché: I have a Masters from the LSE and am published in this area ( by ISS) before starting my new university career.

Sadly, since the Geneva convention was broken by Hamas, I doubt it will be respected by Israel in its ruthless response, backed by the USA.

This is desperately sad my friend - but until a two state diplomatic solution is maintained and terrorist-funding is ceased by Iran, Qatar and Saudi Arabia - the latter being where I was born - I see no end to this.

It's heartbreaking, but I see nothing in the months to come but escalating war/ violence.
Original post by Guru Jason

According to the Bible, the Jews conquered the lands from the natives after the exodus, so premising Israel on "right of return" is to mean they may return to lands that they conquered once upon a time - shoddy argument.
And the period of history under the control of any one religious group has been longer under Islam than Judaism, so on that note the Muslim Arabs of the levant/Palestine have greater claim to the area than Jews from different continents entirely.

The British have no right to "give" something that was not theirs to others who have no right to it either.

I will not get over you justifying antisemitism towards Palestinians. People with your attitude are what create those who commit terrorism.
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by mirzastargirl
Israel is recognized as a legitimate state by the entire Western World, including every 27 member countries of the EU/ Europe, by the Uk, by the USA.

Your pro-Palestine is out of date: I have friends in Lebanon and Palestine who deeply regret that Palestinians elected the terrorist organisation of
Hamas. In line with Kier Starmer and Rishi Sunak on Sky & BBC News just now, I wont dignify it by labelling it as a political party.

Hamas, Hezbollah, ,Isis, Al-Qaeda Taliban - have brought the upcoming carnage upon Gaza, Also there is an exit route to Egypt - the Palestinians
are not trapped. I'm very sorry, but your 1990's-style revisionism of the history of the Middle East reads like a dated cliché: I have a Masters from the LSE and am published in this area ( by ISS) before starting my new university career.

Sadly, since the Geneva convention was broken by Hamas, I doubt it will be respected by Israel in its ruthless response, backed by the USA.

This is desperately sad my friend - but until a two state diplomatic solution is maintained and terrorist-funding is ceased by Iran, Qatar and Saudi Arabia - the latter being where I was born - I see no end to this.

It's heartbreaking, but I see nothing in the months to come but escalating war/ violence.

Haven't read your post fully but I struggled to take you seriously after you said the bold.

Perhaps your publication would be better suited to helping me clean myself from my morning cack if you believe the Taliban (Afghan) or ISIS (Iraq and Syria) have anything to do with the present situation in Ghaza :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending