The Student Room Group

How to revise for computer science A-level in Y12

Hi, I'm in Y12 and doing computer science a-level, wondering if anyone can share tips about revising in Y12 and how to go about doing it, and any resources that are useful for practice questions. Of course there's content revision, but I'm lost on how else to go about revising the subject, and there's not that many practice questions out there as far as I know. Any help would be appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by oceanb1ue
Hi, I'm in Y12 and doing computer science a-level, wondering if anyone can share tips about revising in Y12 and how to go about doing it, and any resources that are useful for practice questions. Of course there's content revision, but I'm lost on how else to go about revising the subject, and there's not that many practice questions out there as far as I know. Any help would be appreciated :smile:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat (except I'm in year 13). I've found that the only effective way of revising is through doing content revision because there isn't much material available online. On physicsandmathstutor, there are questions by topic but there are few questions in each pdf that there is literally no point in doing them (in most cases). Half of the questions are repeated and they are all from ancient times (2013).

Going through content is literally the only. For AQA, there is a PG online textbook which covers the entire course so I've just made flashcards out of that but it's a time consuming process so I don't recommend it.

That being said, we have finished the whole course like 3 weeks ago in school so that just means revision from now onwards, which is good. Also, the teachers have access to exampro which is where they get all of the questions from and apparently there are LOADS of them (and I mean LOADS of them).
Reply 2
Ah ok thank you for the response!
Reply 3
Original post by oceanb1ue
Ah ok thank you for the response!

The only other resource I can recommend is Isaac Computer Science but the material goes well above and beyond A level so you have to be extremely careful about what you learn.

Quick Reply

Latest