The Student Room Group

A Level Choices

I was wondering if people could give me a brief overview about the courses on my A levels. I want to do Mathematics, Economics and Business studies and was wondering about things like Contact time, Assignments, Essays, Course work and Exams etc. Hope someone can help! Thanks
Reply 1
Hello I’m in year 12 taking Maths A level. Currently at my sixth form we have been revisiting GCSE topics and learning more advanced stuff about the topics. If you like GCSE maths and interested in maths, I am sure you will like A level maths! :h:
What do you mean by ‘contact time’? There are no essays in maths and no coursework. But I know there are 3 exams.
Reply 2
thanks for the reply. By contact time I meant in class hours - how many hours are you studying in school per week?
Original post by PaintNdraw
Hello I’m in year 12 taking Maths A level. Currently at my sixth form we have been revisiting GCSE topics and learning more advanced stuff about the topics. If you like GCSE maths and interested in maths, I am sure you will like A level maths! :h:
What do you mean by ‘contact time’? There are no essays in maths and no coursework. But I know there are 3 exams.

Quick Reply

Latest