The Student Room Group

EPQ idea

I'm interested in researching brain transplants for my EPQ. is that a good topic? If so what could my title be?
also it's got nothing to do with my career aspiration (aviation), is that okay?
Original post by Holliea07.x
I'm interested in researching brain transplants for my EPQ. is that a good topic? If so what could my title be?
also it's got nothing to do with my career aspiration (aviation), is that okay?

Hey its certainly a good topic. I also did my EPQ on organ transplantation (focused on heart transplant). I however chose to focus on a specific type of transplantation, one that is quite current (they really appreciate students who take on relevant topics as this allows you to explore and make use of old and new resources). Your question would have to be a to what extent... type of question. I suggest researching the ethics of brain transplants, new tech in the field, how the procedure has evolved, recent case studies etc. Of course its ok to do an EPQ that has got nothing to do with your aspirations. However, many people would do one that aligns with the career they want to pursue so they can talk about the EPQ in their personal statement. Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by Tulipbloom
Hey its certainly a good topic. I also did my EPQ on organ transplantation (focused on heart transplant). I however chose to focus on a specific type of transplantation, one that is quite current (they really appreciate students who take on relevant topics as this allows you to explore and make use of old and new resources). Your question would have to be a to what extent... type of question. I suggest researching the ethics of brain transplants, new tech in the field, how the procedure has evolved, recent case studies etc. Of course its ok to do an EPQ that has got nothing to do with your aspirations. However, many people would do one that aligns with the career they want to pursue so they can talk about the EPQ in their personal statement. Hope this helps!

Yeah that really helps a lot, thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending