The Student Room Group

is there any chance of me getting an Cambridge interview

I'm applying for Natural science biology of Cambridge
Background: 43 in IB (777 in higher level Bio, Chem, Math AA)
Some other nonsense competitions which don't worth mentioning (cuz I heard that Cam doesn't really care about competitions)
Somehow I have done an EPQ (A*)
personal statement about projects, research etc.

The main thing is that I totally messed up in the NSAA exam, I think I'm getting something like a 4 in math, a 5 in bio section 1, and a 6 (maybe 7) in bio section 2 in the NSAA. (I'm too trash in math)
So is there still any chance that Cambridge offer me an interview? (I chose Sidney Sussex college, it's my only love ^_^)
*extended question: if an interview is offered, does that mean everybody is in the same position again? or higher NSAA score will be advantaged?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by xuerenlyu
I'm applying for Natural science biology of Cambridge
Background: 43 in IB (777 in higher level Bio, Chem, Math AA)
Some other nonsense competitions which don't worth mentioning (cuz I heard that Cam doesn't really care about competitions)
Somehow I have done an EPQ (A*)
personal statement about projects, research etc.

The main thing is that I totally messed up in the NSAA exam, I think I'm getting something like a 4 in math, a 5 in bio section 1, and a 6 (maybe 7) in bio section 2 in the NSAA. (I'm too trash in math)
So is there still any chance that Cambridge offer me an interview? (I chose Sidney Sussex college, it's my only love ^_^)
*extended question: if an interview is offered, does that mean everybody is in the same position again? or higher NSAA score will be advantaged?

If you get an interview, it is not just down to the interview, as they still look at everything else before making a decision, so no, everyone will not be back in the same position. However, they will only interview you if they think you have a chance of getting in, otherwise it will be a waste for their time, so if you do get an interview, it's all to plan for, if that makes sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending