The Student Room Group

Alevel options

Should I take dt or physics alevel. Rest of my subjects are maths further maths comp sci. I am aiming for imperial UCL and oxbridge for computer science/maths. Idk which exactly yet
I would pick the one you are likely to better in, so that you are able to get the grades you need more easily.
Original post by strgssd
Should I take dt or physics alevel. Rest of my subjects are maths further maths comp sci. I am aiming for imperial UCL and oxbridge for computer science/maths. Idk which exactly yet
Do the one you think you will like more,because that's the one your most likely to do best in -due to you enjoying/liking it ,x
Reply 3
Original post by JazzyD123
Do the one you think you will like more,because that's the one your most likely to do best in -due to you enjoying/liking it ,x
I'm good at both and enjoy each equally
That's the problem
Original post by strgssd
I'm good at both and enjoy each equally
That's the problem
Do you have any idea what you might like to do at uni ??
Reply 5
Original post by JazzyD123
Do you have any idea what you might like to do at uni ??
Yh maths or comp sci. Most likely a joint course
Reply 6
Original post by strgssd
Yh maths or comp sci. Most likely a joint course

I think physics would be better for you, especially if you’re good at both. Plus physics a level is rly rly interesting & fun)
This is coming from a current Y13 who’s taken maths fm phys chem and applied to some of the unis you’re aiming for, physics is definitely preferred by admissions departments for maths/cs
Reply 7
Original post by Jam.123
I think physics would be better for you, especially if you’re good at both. Plus physics a level is rly rly interesting & fun)
This is coming from a current Y13 who’s taken maths fm phys chem and applied to some of the unis you’re aiming for, physics is definitely preferred by admissions departments for maths/cs
Ok thanks
Reply 8
Hi all, would really appreciate some general advice too on best a-level subject combo for a econ/int’l relations type degree programmes. I’ll be starting a-levels this autumn. Currently I am contemplating Maths, Economics, German (AS) but torn between Geography & History. Welcome thoughts, particularly on humanity subjects. Many thanks in advance
Reply 9
Original post by Saag86
Hi all, would really appreciate some general advice too on best a-level subject combo for a econ/int’l relations type degree programmes. I’ll be starting a-levels this autumn. Currently I am contemplating Maths, Economics, German (AS) but torn between Geography & History. Welcome thoughts, particularly on humanity subjects. Many thanks in advance
I'm in year 11 but from what I've seen on websites and what alot of my Econ friends are taking maths Econ and politics have been quite strong with philosophy as a 4th if U need one

Quick Reply

Latest