The Student Room Group

Open University Psychology with Counselling degree

Hey! I am currently in the process of beginning my studies with the Open University Psychology with Counselling course and was hoping some people could tell me their experiences and outcomes of studying there. I have read up and it sounds great and I am willing to but in all the work but am still a little worried it’s not going to be worth it! Thankyou :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by K.Arch10
Hey! I am currently in the process of beginning my studies with the Open University Psychology with Counselling course and was hoping some people could tell me their experiences and outcomes of studying there. I have read up and it sounds great and I am willing to but in all the work but am still a little worried it’s not going to be worth it! Thankyou :smile:

Hi!
I did this degree and finished in 2019. Since then, I have completed a postgraduate certificate in psychological therapies, trained as a counsellor, and then as a high intensity CBT therapist. I previously worked as an Assistant Psychologist, and I now work as a CBT Therapist in a Talking Therapies (formerly IAPT) service full-time, earning a band 7 salary. I love my job and have enjoyed the journey to this point, too. I'd say it was definitely worth it for me!

Quick Reply

Latest