The Student Room Group

what is a level chem,bio and maths like?

do you think chem and maths or chem and bio gives more options? what is maths like more importantly is it hard??
I did Chem, bio and maths. I found bio the hardest because it was most content heavy and I didn’t have very good exam technique. Some aspects of maths definitely were hard but if you enjoy it / are good at it at gcse then I’m sure you’ll be fine
Reply 2
Original post by Teribblestudent
I did Chem, bio and maths. I found bio the hardest because it was most content heavy and I didn’t have very good exam technique. Some aspects of maths definitely were hard but if you enjoy it / are good at it at gcse then I’m sure you’ll be fine

what about chemistry was that hard aswell?
Reply 3
Original post by Teribblestudent

do you have any advice on how you managed the issues you faced with bio? i’m currently facing the same problems😭
Reply 4
Original post by bengisuhm

i’m on my second year of chem, just bc you were bad at it in gcse it doesn’t matter, i began not knowing how to write and balance in eqn in year now i’m in year 13 and once you get the hang of it it’s pretty easy, there’s not too much to memorise you just need to be able to understand the concept and boom you should be fine (so it’s harder(until you understand) but less content heavy than bio)
Original post by bengisuhm

Chemistry was/is my strongest subject so I didn’t find it that difficult compared to the others. I dont know if that’s just me though
Original post by sima:)
do you have any advice on how you managed the issues you faced with bio? i’m currently facing the same problems😭

I’m so confused - I thought you were choosing your a levels?😂
But anyway, for the content in bio I made loads of flash cards on Quizlet - I did that as I went along, but some topics I never had time for - I just used flash card sets already made by other people on Quizlet lol. (I didn’t even know all the content until the day before the exam.. nearly died of stress 😂😂)
And as for exam technique, I just practised and practised with past paper questions. (Physics and maths tutor has loads) You kind of get the idea of what the mark scheme wants in your answers. It also makes it easier to pinpoint what you need to focus more on. I had a CGP revision guide which was less complex than my textbook so I used that to help with concepts I didn’t really understand.
I did OCR A just for information. Good luck, I’m sure you’ll be fine. I thought it was gonna be a disaster but I did fine in the end :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest