The Student Room Group

Bristol Lecture Attendance (Civil Engineering)

I study at university of bristol and i do civil engineering. I was wondering whether my grade is affected if I do not go to my lectures?
Original post by aboranb
I study at university of bristol and i do civil engineering. I was wondering whether my grade is affected if I do not go to my lectures?

Bristol's University Policy for Student Engagement and Attendance details your obligations with regards to lecture attendance.

The consequences where "student attendance and engagement falls below the agreed threshold" are outlined in paragraph 7; it makes no reference to your grade being impacted. (Although, obviously, your performance in assessments may well be impacted by not having attended the associated lectures.)
Hi there,

In general universities do not record attendance on a register like in school, however they do hold an expectation for students to attend their lectures, tutorials etc and there may be consequences.

While your attendance may not have a direct link to your grade percentage, not going to your lectures may negatively impact your grades. You may feel behind by not attending and can impact your assessment performance through not attending. I would really recommend going to all your lectures or as many as possible to ensure you are getting the most out of your degree.

Best wishes,
- Sophie (uni of Bath)

Quick Reply

Latest