The Student Room Group

Uni ucas applying im lost

Hi there I'm currently in Y13 - I'm yet to start my personal statement (yes, late working on it, personal reasons - due on the 31st)

I do a levels (w predicted)
Business: B
Economics: B
Politics: C

I'm quite unhappy with my predicteds as i really want to go to a russell group uni, yes the course is important to me but id prefer doing a worse course at a better uni than the other way round. I also wanna stay in london. I dont really know what i wanna do so i just chose politics, international relations that little area. I do have passion in this field I didnt choose it for the sake of it.

I really want to stay in london and go to a russell group/good uni in ldn. I wanna know if anyone knows if im going about the right path.

I looked online at unis i can do queen mary foundation year - politics & economics - extra year but i want to do economics too at a good uni but never cuz i didnt do maths and this is perfect for me cuz it pairs w politics too. Other options Im looking at for politics/international relations field r like royal holloway (BBB ish), SOAS (ABB) im slightly lower, i wanna apply to these unis, and maybe a worser course at LSE cuz u never know i can get an offer. Maybe my personal statement will bang - still need to write it haha. Then like 2 backups with Reading or city london.

I can possibly change my business into an A for predicted but its not really a good chance of that happening. Just wanna do a good course at a good uni. Thank you, any reply would be appreciated ( I don't mind doing foundational as I'd sacrifice that extra year and pay a bit more because I know its more beneficial in the long term) cuz imagine someones sees russell group politics & economics - thats the dream haha. Thank you in advance
When you say you’re unhappy with your predictions do you mean that you are annoyed that your teachers aren’t being generous or that you are annoyed with yourself for not doing enough work to get higher predicted grades?

What grades do you realistically think you will get in August?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
When you say you’re unhappy with your predictions do you mean that you are annoyed that your teachers aren’t being generous or that you are annoyed with yourself for not doing enough work to get higher predicted grades?

What grades do you realistically think you will get in August?

They dont align with what courses I want to do at the unis i want to apply to. Its a combination of both tbh. i reckon ill get like around ABB ABC BBB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending