The Student Room Group

A levels: too late to do well?

Hey everyone, I’ll try keep this concise, I am a year 13 student sitting a levels in 2024, I study biology psychology and chemistry however my whole year 12 has been more or less useless I have no knowledge (very little in the grand scheme of things it may as well be nothing) at the beginning of year 12 I was at As and Bs until something happened in my personal life which completely threw me off track, it’s not as if I can’t understand it because it’s too tricky but I just couldn’t pay attention in school and had generally all round horrible mental health, I’m aware this is my fault and am not looking for something to blame however I’m looking to apply to biomedical science, I’m aware of foundation courses which are definitely a good option but I also want to do my best that I can in my A levels to maximise my potential, is it possible to get good grades (A/B) from now to A levels
I’ve learnt I can revise for ages without taking a break (though it may not be good) it was highly effective for my GCSE’s granted they aren’t the same as A levels however I can get my head down and study for ages at a time without stopping and I have a generaly good memory can anyone give me some advice, many thanks.
Original post by HyperActiv3
Hey everyone, I’ll try keep this concise, I am a year 13 student sitting a levels in 2024, I study biology psychology and chemistry however my whole year 12 has been more or less useless I have no knowledge (very little in the grand scheme of things it may as well be nothing) at the beginning of year 12 I was at As and Bs until something happened in my personal life which completely threw me off track, it’s not as if I can’t understand it because it’s too tricky but I just couldn’t pay attention in school and had generally all round horrible mental health, I’m aware this is my fault and am not looking for something to blame however I’m looking to apply to biomedical science, I’m aware of foundation courses which are definitely a good option but I also want to do my best that I can in my A levels to maximise my potential, is it possible to get good grades (A/B) from now to A levels
I’ve learnt I can revise for ages without taking a break (though it may not be good) it was highly effective for my GCSE’s granted they aren’t the same as A levels however I can get my head down and study for ages at a time without stopping and I have a generaly good memory can anyone give me some advice, many thanks.

100%, I’m a year 13 too. U can even get 3 a*s, no way it’s too late it’s literally October. Just work hard and watch videos to help u. Try and do like 2 hours after school every day and you’ll be fine
Reply 2
Original post by anon123459804
100%, I’m a year 13 too. U can even get 3 a*s, no way it’s too late it’s literally October. Just work hard and watch videos to help u. Try and do like 2 hours after school every day and you’ll be fine

Thank you so much I appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest