The Student Room Group

How do you best revise?

I usually do mindmaps and recently I’ve been reading my notes and afterwards writing myself some questions to answer from what I remembered. What do you guys do?
Original post by Anonymous
I usually do mindmaps and recently I’ve been reading my notes and afterwards writing myself some questions to answer from what I remembered. What do you guys do?

Hey :biggrin: I revise the exact same as you - mind maps and then spot testing myself. I'd sometimes do a mindmap and put lots of effort in to it, then try to recreate the mindmap without notes after revising it for a couple of days. I found that was quite helpful when I got in to exams because I could scribble down the buzz words I'd remembered as the exam started and that helped with my exam technique.

I used post it notes on my bedroom walls too for things I wanted to be extra familiar with so they were really visible in my room :smile: You can almost trick yourself in to revising absent mindedly that way as you're seeing them first thing in the morning/last thing at night even when you're not actively sitting down to revise. You could also use the post its as part of your quiz technique by grabbing one and use it as your revision topic for that day.

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous

Depends on the subjects and the lessons. The best experience I made was to explain lesson contents in my words in front of a mirror - and past papers.
For me, questions and past papers work best. Rather than trying to read it again, I like having to retrieve actual answers. Other than that I just check the checklist or syllabus and make sure I'm confident in most things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending