The Student Room Group

UCAS application about gap year

Hello,
I wanted to apply to medicine but my UCAS predictions were low (ccc), so couldn't apply through early entry. I'm taking a gap year. Do I need to apply to any course that meets my predictions this yeat or I don't need to do anything this year?
Thanks
Original post by IrfanSarker
Hello,
I wanted to apply to medicine but my UCAS predictions were low (ccc), so couldn't apply through early entry. I'm taking a gap year. Do I need to apply to any course that meets my predictions this yeat or I don't need to do anything this year?
Thanks

Hey, are you currently in yr 13 yet to sit a levels and your current predictions are CCC? Or have you now got achieved a levels and resitting with new predictions?
Reply 2
Original post by Chi chi5
Hey, are you currently in yr 13 yet to sit a levels and your current predictions are CCC? Or have you now got achieved a levels and resitting with new predictions?

Hi, yes, I'm in year 13 and my current prediction are CCC.
Reply 3
Hello,
Thanks

There are several med schools that don't look at predictions, so you could have applied to those, but have missed the medicine application deadline. If you are sure you would resit if you do not get AAA and definitely want to do medicine, there is no point applying for other courses, but if you would take another course if your grades are low, then apply
Reply 4
Original post by GANFYD
There are several med schools that don't look at predictions, so you could have applied to those, but have missed the medicine application deadline. If you are sure you would resit if you do not get AAA and definitely want to do medicine, there is no point applying for other courses, but if you would take another course if your grades are low, then apply

what will happen if I apply now to any course like biomedical science now and I will reject their offer on the results day? will this affect, when I will apply to medicine in my gap year? Thanks
Reply 5
what will happen if I apply now to any course like biomedical science now and I will reject their offer on the results day? will this affect, when I will apply to medicine in my gap year? Thanks

No, as long as you do not actually start an alternative course, it will not affect a medicine application
Reply 6
Original post by GANFYD
No, as long as you do not actually start an alternative course, it will not affect a medicine application

Ok, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending