The Student Room Group

Ucas and resits help

I have decided to resit all 3 of my alevels as I was not satisfied with the grades I had received this year. I decided it was the best route for me than wasting 3 years at a uni I don’t want to be at.

But I’m now trying to figure out how UCAS is going to work since I am a private candidate. Where will I get my buzzword from?
Also do I withdraw my whole UCAS application and restart?
I will be asking my previous teachers for a reference and predicted grades so that’s not a problem but I’m worried they may say no.

If anyone can help that would be highly appreciated. :smile:)
Reply 1
Original post by Preeti1
But I’m now trying to figure out how UCAS is going to work since I am a private candidate. Where will I get my buzzword from? I will be asking my previous teachers for a reference and predicted grades so that’s not a problem but I’m worried they may say no.

Contact your last school - they will be fine about you applying through their UCAS portal using their buzzword.

This is standard practice for those resitting and/or applying in a gap year and most schools will be happy to help you.
It also makes it much easier for them to add your updated reference, and they may also agree to add new predicted grades for you as well.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Contact your last school - they will be fine about you applying through their UCAS portal using their buzzword.

This is standard practice for those resitting and/or applying in a gap year and most schools will be happy to help you.
It also makes it much easier for them to add your updated reference, and they may also agree to add new predicted grades for you as well.

Thank you so much, does this also mean that I should withdraw my application and restart the whole application process. Just making sure :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Preeti1
Thank you so much, does this also mean that I should withdraw my application and restart the whole application process. Just making sure :smile:

Schools can still 'pick-up' your UCAS application under their id even if you have started it as an independent applicant - talk to your Head of Sixth or the person at the school who 'does' UCAS applications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending