The Student Room Group

A Level History help

deleted but thanks for the help.
(edited 5 months ago)
Are your essays checked for plagiarism? Posting it here will most likely flag it as plagiarised.
Reply 2
no
Original post by student1374
no

That's good.

Some of your sentences are way too long. Look at the one starting with "Firstly Johnson...".
Reply 4
if you don't mind me asking, are you doing A level history if so what rough mark would you say this essay would be?

Original post by ageshallnot
That's good.

Some of your sentences are way too long. Look at the one starting with "Firstly Johnson...".
if you don't mind me asking, are you doing A level history if so what rough mark would you say this essay would be?

No, I have a history degree taken many years ago. I have no idea how this would be marked, I'm afraid.
Reply 6
would you say this would be a good go at a history essay?

No, I have a history degree taken many years ago. I have no idea how this would be marked, I'm afraid.
would you say this would be a good go at a history essay?

Yes, you look at the issue raised in the question (Republican opposition) and compare it to other issues.

A couple of thoughts... What is meant by "reconstruction"? In most history essays it's a good idea to define your terms in the introduction. That way you can assess success/failure or whatever.

Also, you conclusion looks rushed and slightly incoherent.
Reply 8
Yes, you look at the issue raised in the question (Republican opposition) and compare it to other issues.

A couple of thoughts... What is meant by "reconstruction"? In most history essays it's a good idea to define your terms in the introduction. That way you can assess success/failure or whatever.

Also, you conclusion looks rushed and slightly incoherent.

In conclusion, reconstruction did somewhat fail because of republican opposition, but this was not the main reason, there were clearly several other reasons overriding republican opposition as the party only split in 1972 which was 7 years after the aim of reconstruction and so suggesting that the other reasons why reconstruction failed weakened the aim first. It was the presidentship of the country that essentially decided how reconstruction was going to play out as they have power over America, this is demonstrated by Lincoln who was a strong believer in reconstruction to having Johnson who was a weak president. The plethora of white opposition groups also made it very hard for reconstruction to work as they often relied on violence which could intimidate freedmen and reconstruction believers therefore causing its failure, and finally the 1877 which marked the final end of reconstruction.

does this sound better? thank you for the feedback too
In conclusion, reconstruction did somewhat fail because of republican opposition, but this was not the main reason, there were clearly several other reasons overriding republican opposition as the party only split in 1972 which was 7 years after the aim of reconstruction and so suggesting that the other reasons why reconstruction failed weakened the aim first. It was the presidentship of the country that essentially decided how reconstruction was going to play out as they have power over America, this is demonstrated by Lincoln who was a strong believer in reconstruction to having Johnson who was a weak president. The plethora of white opposition groups also made it very hard for reconstruction to work as they often relied on violence which could intimidate freedmen and reconstruction believers therefore causing its failure, and finally the 1877 which marked the final end of reconstruction.

does this sound better? thank you for the feedback too

A bit. Though again your sentences are too long.

1972?

The 1877 what?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending