The Student Room Group

Pre employment checks successful - what happens next

On October 23, I received an email stating that my pre-employment background checks had been completed successfully and that I will soon be hearing from the recruitment. 6.11.23: As of right now, I haven't heard from them. Should I get in touch with the recruitment staff or is this normal?
Hi there,

You would ordinarily receive an email from either the job holder or somebody from within the department to arrange a start date and make the practical preparations necessary to start your role.

If you applied as part of a large recruitment exercise, this might take a little longer than necessary just due to the sheer number of people being processed as part of that application. So a little wait might be normal.

Assuming you haven't applied as part of a large recruitment exercise, I would wait a few more days. From my own experience what has likely happened is that your job holder is simply on leave (you'd be surprised how common it is for this stuff) or some other idle reason. It's now ordinarily on the job holder or recruitment staff to contact you.

If you still haven't heard anything back from either the job holder or recruitment staff then feel free to get in touch, but I wouldn't worry too much.
Reply 2
Original post by CS_Insights
Hi there,

You would ordinarily receive an email from either the job holder or somebody from within the department to arrange a start date and make the practical preparations necessary to start your role.

If you applied as part of a large recruitment exercise, this might take a little longer than necessary just due to the sheer number of people being processed as part of that application. So a little wait might be normal.

Assuming you haven't applied as part of a large recruitment exercise, I would wait a few more days. From my own experience what has likely happened is that your job holder is simply on leave (you'd be surprised how common it is for this stuff) or some other idle reason. It's now ordinarily on the job holder or recruitment staff to contact you.

If you still haven't heard anything back from either the job holder or recruitment staff then feel free to get in touch, but I wouldn't worry too much.

Thank you for your prompt response. I'm feeling a bit anxious because my current employer is becoming insistent, repeatedly inquiring about when I plan to submit my resignation so they can find a replacement. Working alongside my boss has become uncomfortable because they are aware of my impending departure, which has resulted in a lack of enthusiasm from their end, especially because they had to provide the reference 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending