The Student Room Group

UK naturalisation certificate as evidence of UK nationality

Hi Isaak,
As an EEU citizen, I need to prove that I am a family member of a UK national in order to be able to claim full financing from SFE. However, my parents (both UK citizens) live in the EU and they cannot send their original passports because this will leave them unable to travel or even prove their identity in the country where they live. Is it therefore possible for me to submit a copy of their passports online along with a copy of my birth certificate? If not, will you accept my ORIGINAL birth certificate and my father's ORIGINAL UK Certificate of Naturalisation in lieu of his passport as proof of his UK nationality?

Many thanks for your prompt response,

Leo
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by leomorozov
Hi Isaak,
As an EEU citizen, I need to prove that I am a family member of a UK national in order to be able to claim full financing from SFE. However, my parents (both UK citizens) live in the EU and they cannot send their original passports because this will leave them unable to travel or even prove their identity in the country where they live. Is it therefore possible for me to submit a copy of their passports online along with a copy of my birth certificate? If not, will you accept my ORIGINAL birth certificate and my father's ORIGINAL UK Certificate of Naturalisation in lieu of his passport as proof of his UK nationality?

Many thanks for your prompt response,

Leo

Hi Leo,

Just to confirm, do you have pre or settled status in the UK?

Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Hi Jason,

Yes, I do have a pre-settled status.

Best wishes,

Leo

(Original post by SFE Jason)Hi Leo,

Thanks, Jason
Hi Jason,

Yes, I do have a pre-settled status.

Best wishes,

Leo

(Original post by SFE Jason)Hi Leo,

Thanks, Jason

Hi Leo,

Just to confirm, have you made an application with us online? Is that where you're seeing this request for evidence?

Do your parents expect to return to the UK at any point in the next month or so?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Yes, I made an online application and also submitted copies of my parents' UK passports online, and my application form still says "Awaiting Sponsor 1 Details" and "Awaiting Sponsor 2 Details" - even although I assume that evidence of ONE of my parents being a UK citizen is sufficient. To answer your question on my parents' travel plans, even if they come to the UK for a week or so, they are not going to send their original passports to SFE because it may take MONTHS for you guys to process this evidence, and during this time they will not be able to return to Europe because they only have the UK nationality. This is the reason I have asked whether a copy of my birth certificate and a copy of my parents' UK passports are sufficient - as suggested by one of your colleagues on the support line. I uploaded the copies, but there has not been a change in status, so it is not clear to me whether the copies were not accepted or whether they have not been processed yet. As the LAST possible solution I am ready to send my ORIGINAL birth certificate (non-UK but with the Haague Apostile) and my father's ORIGINAL Naturalisation certificate. I hope everything is clear now, would really appreciate your prompt and comprehensive response!

Best wishes,
Leo

(Original post by Graeme SFE)Hi Leo,

Just to confirm, have you made an application with us online? Is that where you're seeing this request for evidence?

Do your parents expect to return to the UK at any point in the next month or so?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 5
Yes, I made an online application and also submitted copies of my parents' UK passports online, and my application form still says "Awaiting Sponsor 1 Details" and "Awaiting Sponsor 2 Details" - even although I assume that evidence of ONE of my parents being a UK citizen is sufficient. To answer your question on my parents' travel plans, even if they come to the UK for a week or so, they are not going to send their original passports to SFE because it may take MONTHS for you guys to process this evidence, and during this time they will not be able to return to Europe because they only have the UK nationality. This is the reason I have asked whether a copy of my birth certificate and a copy of my parents' UK passports are sufficient - as suggested by one of your colleagues on the support line. I uploaded the copies, but there has not been a change in status, so it is not clear to me whether the copies were not accepted or whether they have not been processed yet. As the LAST possible solution I am ready to send my ORIGINAL birth certificate (non-UK but with the Haague Apostile) and my father's ORIGINAL Naturalisation certificate. I hope everything is clear now, would really appreciate your prompt and comprehensive response!

Best wishes,
Leo

Best wishes,
Leo

Hi Leo,

Awaiting sponsor 1 and 2 details is your parents income details to support your application. They would complete the PFF2 Form found here https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf and upload online in their account or yours under the evidence upload option with evidence of their income.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 7
Hi Claire,

I don't think this is the case because I attached the completed and signed form PFF2 to my own paper application form (I was told I had to submit it in paper form because somehow your online system could not comprehend the fact that I am both an EU citizen with a pre-settled status AND a family member of a UK citizen and therefore eligible for full support). I will happily upload form PFF2, but is there any way to clarify EXACTLY what evidence you are expecting from me? Can I possibly send you a direct message with my reference number and you could check it?

Thank you in advance!

Leo

(
Original post by Claire SFE)
Hi Leo,

Awaiting sponsor 1 and 2 details is your parents income details to support your application. They would complete the PFF2 Form found here https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf and upload online in their account or yours under the evidence upload option with evidence of their income.

Thanks,
Claire
Hi Claire,

I don't think this is the case because I attached the completed and signed form PFF2 to my own paper application form (I was told I had to submit it in paper form because somehow your online system could not comprehend the fact that I am both an EU citizen with a pre-settled status AND a family member of a UK citizen and therefore eligible for full support). I will happily upload form PFF2, but is there any way to clarify EXACTLY what evidence you are expecting from me? Can I possibly send you a direct message with my reference number and you could check it?

Thank you in advance!

Leo

(
Original post by Claire SFE)
Hi Leo,

Thanks,
Claire

Hi Leo,

We can't respond to direct messages here, I'm sorry. However, it would be best to access your account so we can see exactly what's happening here.

You should be able to send us a live chat on your account, can you try this now? If not, please call us on 0300 100 0607 and one of our team will be able to help.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending