The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Uni of Leeds for Digital Media?

Hi! I was wondering if any past/present students of the Digital Media course at Uni of Leeds could give any insight into what it's like?
Originally I was interested in the Media and Communications course, but didn't like the lack of practical exercise (anyone doing this course - how much practical work was there if any?) so I looked at the digital media course and saw that they share a lot of the same modules, particularly the theory based ones as I'm really interested in that aspect as well.
I guess I just want to know about the ratio of theory to practical work is in the Digital Media course? Or if I'd just be better off doing the Media and Communication with the practical optional modules?
Thanks for any advice <3
Reply 1
Original post by milseo
Hi! I was wondering if any past/present students of the Digital Media course at Uni of Leeds could give any insight into what it's like?
Originally I was interested in the Media and Communications course, but didn't like the lack of practical exercise (anyone doing this course - how much practical work was there if any?) so I looked at the digital media course and saw that they share a lot of the same modules, particularly the theory based ones as I'm really interested in that aspect as well.
I guess I just want to know about the ratio of theory to practical work is in the Digital Media course? Or if I'd just be better off doing the Media and Communication with the practical optional modules?
Thanks for any advice <3

Heyyyy current student here. The amount of theory and practice in the course is mostly 50/50. You have the opportunity to do both. The optional modules you choose can make the course more theory or practice, so it's really up too you how much you want to do.
I think it's worth noting though they media and comms and digital media are very different degrees. In digital we focus a lot on design and are specifically based around new media and ways of communicating. For example, you could create logos, websites, podcasts, films, mobile games etc in your practical courses.
I imagine our theory is different as well since us and media and comms are based around different types of media.
Hope this helps xx
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest