The Student Room Group

Exam Resit 2024 Computer Science applicant

Hello, I got BBC during my a levels for 2023. B in business, b in maths, and a c in computer science. I got way below my predicted due to circumstances during exam season. I am wondering whether I should bother re-sitting the business exams as I want to apply for computer science courses at universities ? All replies are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Original post by deligreen58
Hello, I got BBC during my a levels for 2023. B in business, b in maths, and a c in computer science. I got way below my predicted due to circumstances during exam season. I am wondering whether I should bother re-sitting the business exams as I want to apply for computer science courses at universities ? All replies are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, I'm also resitting and planning to take computer science at University. Since the grade requirements for computer science at the universities I want to apply to are high (AAA and above) I plan to resit. A-levels didn't go my way due to mitigating circumstances around the exam season as well and I want to resit to go to the Universities I want to go to. If the University you go to for computer science doesn't concern you very much you can look into Universities which offer lower grade requirements as I saw many who offer Grade requirements similar to what you achieved. However, if where you want to go has grade requirements above what you got then I suggest resitting the business exam if that's all you need to go where you want to go.

Quick Reply

Latest