The Student Room Group

Help on Personal Statement!

I’ve written my UCAS personal statement and it comes out to roughly 3800 characters (or 45/47 lines). I’d like to add in a few sentences about a podcast I’ve listened to that relates to my chosen course, but don’t have the space to do so at the moment. Currently, I have about 4 lines (2 or 3 sentences) at the end of my statement about why I want to come to the UK for university (I’m an international student), why I’m prepared to do so, why I feel like studying internationally will benefit me, blah blah blah. Which one do you think deserves the space in my statement if I can’t fit both?
(edited 5 months ago)
Take out all the stuff about study in the UK. Every international applicant says the same.

The statement is about your suitability and motivation for the academic subject, not why you think the UK is smashing.

The podcast is definitely more relevant, so long as you go beyond just stating that you listened to it.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Take out all the stuff about study in the UK. Every international applicant says the same.

The statement is about your suitability and motivation for the academic subject, not why you think the UK is smashing.

The podcast is definitely more relevant, so long as you go beyond just stating that you listened to it.

Ok great, thanks so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending