The Student Room Group

Parking whilst living on campus-warwick uni

Hi, I'm a student at Warwick University living at Sherbourne accommodation. Does anyone know where I could park and how to pay for multiple days at a time?
My mums going through chemotherapy treatment in Leicester so I want to be able to drive down often to see her but had to leave my car in Leicester as the Univeristy isn't providing a permit for me.
The parking for full days is expensive (£8) and the parking company couldn't tell me how I could pay for multiple days at a time without being fined once the ticket runs out.
Really need any advice!
Reply 1
Might not be any help but I've found parking a 10 minute bus ride away in a residential area is free and often safer than a public carpark. Only bad thing is a small bus journey or long walk to get to the car, but this is no more than paying for parking anyway
Original post by oligti
Might not be any help but I've found parking a 10 minute bus ride away in a residential area is free and often safer than a public carpark. Only bad thing is a small bus journey or long walk to get to the car, but this is no more than paying for parking anyway

there are significant insurance issues with this

OP might be better advised to make an approach to the relevance on campus authorities and point out the extenuating circumstances
Reply 3
Original post by aleena73
Hi, I'm a student at Warwick University living at Sherbourne accommodation. Does anyone know where I could park and how to pay for multiple days at a time?
My mums going through chemotherapy treatment in Leicester so I want to be able to drive down often to see her but had to leave my car in Leicester as the Univeristy isn't providing a permit for me.
The parking for full days is expensive (£8) and the parking company couldn't tell me how I could pay for multiple days at a time without being fined once the ticket runs out.
Really need any advice!

Hi, there is an Asda nearby and you can pre-book parking there on the Evology Parking app

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending