The Student Room Group

Applying to Bath Computer Science with no Further Maths

Hi if I were to apply to computer science at bath with no further maths or computer science a levels would i be at a significant disadvantage?

For context I have 3 a* in chem bio maths (achieved)
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Lolsid
Hi if I were to apply to computer science at bath with no further maths or computer science a levels would i be at a significant disadvantage?

For context I have 3 a* in chem bio maths (achieved)

This is what the course page says:

"You will need a strong performance in Mathematics as part of your entry qualifications. We prefer applicants who can demonstrate evidence of logical and analytical thinking through the study of Computer Science, Further Mathematics, or both. While we prefer applicants who have previously studied Computer Science, you do not need to have done so to be suitable for this course."

You have the Maths A level, which is a must, so I don't see why you would be at a massive disadvantage for the course. It would be worth putting down as an aspirational choice.

@McGinger should be able to advise if that's not the case
Reply 2
Original post by mesub
This is what the course page says:

"You will need a strong performance in Mathematics as part of your entry qualifications. We prefer applicants who can demonstrate evidence of logical and analytical thinking through the study of Computer Science, Further Mathematics, or both. While we prefer applicants who have previously studied Computer Science, you do not need to have done so to be suitable for this course."

You have the Maths A level, which is a must, so I don't see why you would be at a massive disadvantage for the course. It would be worth putting down as an aspirational choice.

@McGinger should be able to advise if that's not the case

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending