The Student Room Group

Advice from undergraduates who took resits

Would really appreciate if students who took a year out after A levels and resat one or more of their subjects, could share their experiences of re-applying to top unis?
Original post by GreenStar7
Would really appreciate if students who took a year out after A levels and resat one or more of their subjects, could share their experiences of re-applying to top unis?

Hi there :hi:
I can't help with this one but I've moved your thread into applications, clearing and ucas :bump:
Reply 2
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Hi there :hi:
I can't help with this one but I've moved your thread into applications, clearing and ucas :bump:

Thankyou!
Reply 3
What Uni subject will you be applying for?
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
What Uni subject will you be applying for?

Maths and Computer Science.
I acheived A*A for Maths and Physics, but B for Further Maths. I was 2 marks off an A and have sent paper to be remarked. But in event that it remains unchanged I will have lost out on my Firm and Insurance both.
Reply 5
Both Bath and Uni would have no problem with resits - and it wouldnt disadvantage your application in any way - and both are good for CS/Maths.
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
Both Bath and Uni would have no problem with resits - and it wouldnt disadvantage your application in any way - and both are good for CS/Maths.

Thankyou. That’s really helpful to hear. Bath is actually my Insurance and they have said they will definitely accept me if the remark results in an A for Further Maths. If not, the chances of me getting in are low.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending