The Student Room Group

Personal Statement competitions

I'm really stressed over the fact that looking over these personal statement examples they have entered Maths/Physics competing like the UKMT where in I haven't and now its November and personal statements need to be done by mid December. I can't do any super curriculars like that in this space of time. What can I substitute it with or at least talk about in personal statement to give it as much flare as entering competitions. I'll hope to do a mechanical engineering course for uni.
Competitions don’t show any specific aptitude for an engineering degree. They definitely don’t add “flare” to a PS. It’s the personal experiences involved that are interesting in a PS. There’s plenty of ways to tackle a project or challenge or just find out more about mecheng topics in your own time.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Competitions don’t show any specific aptitude for an engineering degree. They definitely don’t add “flare” to a PS. It’s the personal experiences involved that are interesting in a PS. There’s plenty of ways to tackle a project or challenge or just find out more about mecheng topics in your own time.

So I've done my own research on articles about thermodynamics that is also applied to f1 cars and how it affects their traction and have watched videos, would that be enough. I haven't got many super curriculars too, do you have any ideas on what i could do?
Original post by Cjneedshelp
So I've done my own research on articles about thermodynamics that is also applied to f1 cars and how it affects their traction and have watched videos, would that be enough. I haven't got many super curriculars too, do you have any ideas on what i could do?

What you’ve described ARE super curriculars.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending