The Student Room Group

chemical engineering 2024

hello, right now i am predicted an ABB in bio, chem&maths but i believe i could get at least AAA on results day. everyone says my personal statement is really good and i want to apply for chemical engineering but most of the entry requirements are AAA. i can’t take a gap year, any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by yuuuuiiikkk
hello, right now i am predicted an ABB in bio, chem&maths but i believe i could get at least AAA on results day. everyone says my personal statement is really good and i want to apply for chemical engineering but most of the entry requirements are AAA. i can’t take a gap year, any advice?

ive heard for chemeng, since its not too competitive, they dont really look at personal statements too much. i'd advise you to try applying at other universities that have lower grade requirements, and then apply to one or too that offer AAA (then go through clearing). apply for a foundation courses if you are determined to get in to a certain uni bc usually those have lower requirements
Original post by yuuuuiiikkk

Hi!
My name is Izzy and I'm a 4th year Mechatronic Engineering student at Lancaster university.

For Lancaster University: ABB is the requirement for Chemical Engineering (BEng)
Required Subjects: A-level Mathematics and a Physical Science: Chemistry, Physics or Biology.

More information about entry requirements:
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/chemical-engineering-beng-hons-h800/2024/#course-entry

Hope that helps! Best of luck with your application and if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help!
Izzy (Lancaster Engineering Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest