The Student Room Group

A level choices

I'm thinking of pursuing either software or aerospace engineering after college and I don't know what to pick for A-levels. I'm definitely doing Maths, Further Maths and Physics but I need to do one more and I don't know whether to do DT Product Design or Computer Sciencd. I have done both at GCSE level and have always gotten 8s or 9s in both subjects in tests so it's not like I can pick one I can do better in and I also enjoy both of them. I'm doing GCSE mocks right now so I could see how the results go and base it from there but I highly doubt there's going to be much difference in performance in both subjects. Any advice?
(edited 5 months ago)
You say you enjoy them both, but is there one you enjoy more?
Original post by shbee
I'm thinking of pursuing either software or aerospace engineering after college and I don't know what to pick for A-levels. I'm definitely doing Maths, Further Maths and Physics but I need to do one more and I don't know whether to do DT Product Design or Computer Design. I have done both at GCSE level and have always gotten 8s or 9s in both subjects in tests so it's not like I can pick one I can do better in and I also enjoy both of them. I'm doing GCSE mocks right now so I could see how the results go and base it from there but I highly doubt there's going to be much difference in performance in both subjects. Any advice?

I know you enjoy both, but look into the courses and see what content you are likely to do. See which you think you will enjoy the most.

Quick Reply

Latest