The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Looking to study Law at UEA

Hi, I'm thinking of applying for Law at UEA. In terms of employability, are there many students who go into the course looking to become a barrister who actually end up in the profession? I'd also like to know if UEA has close connections to any reputable London chambers. Do many of your graduates end up at these chambers?

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by laun10
Hi, I'm thinking of applying for Law at UEA. In terms of employability, are there many students who go into the course looking to become a barrister who actually end up in the profession? I'd also like to know if UEA has close connections to any reputable London chambers. Do many of your graduates end up at these chambers?

Thanks! :smile:

Hi there,

I'm not doing law myself my I know that a lot of the teaching is actually done based on real case studies, which is excellent. With regards to employability, UEA Career Central have a great support system in place and many link to several companies all over the UK and internationally. In fact, they keep a very good relationship with alumni and current students often go into employment via this route. They also help with fine tune our CV and prepare you for interviews. It's an excellent service that, as a PhD student in biology, I used it myself and found it extremely useful.

Here is the MyCareerCentral email address: [email protected], in case you have more specific questions to ask them.

PS: the Law building at UEA is quite impressive, it's the nicest one and it just a truly inspiring place to study!

Best,
Daniel
PhD Biology
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending