The Student Room Group

What A-level goes with psychology and economics??

So, i'm currently in year 11 and still don't know what my career path is , although i'm currently interested in law at university. I want to do psychology and economics as they are preferred a-levels at LSC and that's where i'm aiming to go. In law i want to be a corporate or commercial lawyer .However , i'm still not 100% sure with law at uni. Please help with what a-level goes with this!!!!
Original post by imco162398
So, i'm currently in year 11 and still don't know what my career path is , although i'm currently interested in law at university. I want to do psychology and economics as they are preferred a-levels at LSC and that's where i'm aiming to go. In law i want to be a corporate or commercial lawyer .However , i'm still not 100% sure with law at uni. Please help with what a-level goes with this!!!!

Hi @imco162398

I would recommend choosing a subject you like. All subjects have transferrable skills for law so there is no real answer to your question in terms of looking to your potential degree. What is important, is doing well to show academic prowess. It is always easier to do well in a subject you enjoy because you have a natural motivation to put the work in. Therefore, I would choose based off this if I were in your position 🙂

Good luck!

Sophie
Reply 2
Original post by imco162398

Hi, I'm in year 13 studying Psychology, Sociology, and Economics. I personally love this combination, as Sociology helps a lot with Psychology. One of the main topics in Psychology is Forensic Psychology, which links to crime, a subject we learn about in Sociology. Sociology also helps with Economics, as one of our topics focuses on discrimination and inequalities, which are also linked to Sociology. The only downside of this combination is that it's going to be very content-heavy and there will be a lot of essay-themed questions. But personally, for me, Sociology helps with both of my subjects! Hope this helps.
For a career as a lawyer, take law, otherwise sociology. I wish you the best of luck for your future.

Quick Reply

Latest