The Student Room Group

Should I drop Physics?

Hi, I'm a y12 currently studying Maths, Econ and Physics. I'm planning to study Economics or Finance and Accounting at uni. I'm thinking about dropping physics (as i HATE it and find it hard to motivate myself) and replacing it with either further maths, or business. Or do I just stick with physics? What would you recommend i do?
(edited 5 months ago)
Hi there,

I hate Physics too! Doing a subject you don't like it's not fun at all, but you're in a little problem now. Your school (probably) had a deadline to switch your A-levels which is probably long gone now. So you need to talk with your sixth form asap and tell them the situation and see if they'll still let you switch your A-levels.
Reply 2
Original post by dnwokedii
Hi, I'm a y12 currently studying Maths, Econ and Physics. I'm planning to study Economics or Finance and Accounting at uni. I'm thinking about dropping physics (as i HATE it and find it hard to motivate myself) and replacing it with either further maths, or business. Or do I just stick with physics? What would you recommend i do?

replace with further maths for sure if you want to apply for Economics at top unis. Will also give you more flexibility eg you could apply to good maths degrees if you start to enjoy maths
Reply 3
Original post by Scotland Yard
Hi there,

I hate Physics too! Doing a subject you don't like it's not fun at all, but you're in a little problem now. Your school (probably) had a deadline to switch your A-levels which is probably long gone now. So you need to talk with your sixth form asap and tell them the situation and see if they'll still let you switch your A-levels.

yeah, i have a meeting with my senior tutor later today about switching, hopefully it goes well, i think at my college if you switch late you do first term of that subject with year 12s the following year

Quick Reply

Latest