The Student Room Group

BBC Journalism L7 apprenticeship 2024

Hi everyone, i recently passed the first round of the BBC masters apprenticeship and was wondering if anyone is in the same position, or has previous experience with how long it takes to hear back from the next round (the online assessment) since the first didn't take that long but i've heard the next few rounds can take very long.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by lb312013
Hi everyone, i recently passed the first round of the BBC masters apprenticeship and was wondering if anyone is in the same position, or has previous experience with how long it takes to hear back from the next round (the online assessment) since the first didn't take that long but i've heard the next few rounds can take very long.

I applied to the L6 programme and just got an email they were gonna take a bit longer, what is the next stage?

Hi, how did you do on the online test? What were you’re 2 strengths and the 1 you needed to improve?
Reply 3
ive just done the second round of the L7 apprenticeship and didn’t get an email confirmation; did anyone else? i’m a bit worried about it!!
Original post by chloemoeyy
ive just done the second round of the L7 apprenticeship and didn’t get an email confirmation; did anyone else? i’m a bit worried about it!!

Mine came through around 1h later
Reply 5
Original post by quick-hallway
Mine came through around 1h later

just got mine! my 2 strengths were growth and creativity and my weakness was resilience what about you?
Hi, mine were creativity and curiosity, less developed one was collaboration
Reply 7
Hey, has anyone heard back from their second round yet?
Nope, still waiting
Yes same still waiting, I hope we hear back well before 18th so anxious
Reply 10
Original post by ibeingsarah
Yes same still waiting, I hope we hear back well before 18th so anxious

Me too! I’m nervous!
Reply 11
I'm also still waiting! Feeling like it's not a great sign, but don't want to be pessimistic haha
Reply 12
I just opened my application on the website and there’s written “application not progressed after online assessment”. Does anyone know if that means I got rejected? I didn’t get any e-mail…
i just got an email, i didnt make it to the next round :frown:
Original post by huygu
I just opened my application on the website and there’s written “application not progressed after online assessment”. Does anyone know if that means I got rejected? I didn’t get any e-mail…

Did you check your spam folder to confirm? Generally "application not progressed after online assessment" would determine that is the end.

Hi also passed and submitted assessment. Where did you hear of the timescales for next rounds and what are the next rounds?
Anyone here on the pre recorded video round for the journalism apprenticeship?
Original post by ibeingsarah
Anyone here on the pre recorded video round for the journalism apprenticeship?

yeahh i am - have you started doing it?
Original post by free-pxlestine
yeahh i am - have you started doing it?

I've not started yet, trying to do as much research as possible beforehand so I'm not caught off guard by any of the questions. Have you done it yet? If it's anything like last year I'm expecting to get asked to review a social media post, how to get younger audiences engaged and to pitch an article/post/tiktok/podcast etc.
Original post by izzy.riley

I've not started yet, trying to do as much research as possible beforehand so I'm not caught off guard by any of the questions. Have you done it yet? If it's anything like last year I'm expecting to get asked to review a social media post, how to get younger audiences engaged and to pitch an article/post/tiktok/podcast etc.

i haven’t started it yet no and i’ve also never done it before, did you do it last year then? yeah i really want to prepare but i’m just not too sure how i guess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending