The Student Room Group

BBC Journalism L7 apprenticeship 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by l_124
Original post by hgiyf
Lmaooo same I have to triple check that it was actually sent from them 🤣 I've got the last 2 written questions left, so I think I'm gonna spend some extra time planning them out.
But do u reckon they can see how long we take on each question?? I don't want to look unserious by spreading my answers over a few days?? 🤔

I’m not sure if they can see how long you take to answer all the questions - it took me ages to complete, so I hope not😂 but I do reckon they can see what time each answer was submitted because I read somewhere that they want to see what you can come up with in the moment, if that makes sense? Like how an in person interview/assessment day works.

Thanks - that's really helpful to know
Reply 41
Is anybody able to tell me:

What number out of 4 the video question comes?

What the video question asks?

I wasted a load of time yesterday putting myself in a good position in good lighting etc. for the video question, only to press start and for the first question to be a written response! And then it got dark so quickly that I lost natural light and had to postpone (very grateful for the extension email today!)
Reply 42
Do you think we’re allowed to look things up and do research, or check spellings etc? Especially if we’re asked to review things…
Original post by KP13
Is anybody able to tell me:

What number out of 4 the video question comes?

What the video question asks?

I wasted a load of time yesterday putting myself in a good position in good lighting etc. for the video question, only to press start and for the first question to be a written response! And then it got dark so quickly that I lost natural light and had to postpone (very grateful for the extension email today!)

why would anyone tell you what the video question asks you?
Reply 44
Hey, completed the 3rd video interview round. Does anyone know if the 4th round is virtual or in person and roughly when it would be if we were to be successful? I'm due to go travelling from 26th Jan - 17th March and so worried I won't be here if its an in person assessment centre but equally don't want to put my life on hold as I might not even get through!
Original post by 1998k
Hey, completed the 3rd video interview round. Does anyone know if the 4th round is virtual or in person and roughly when it would be if we were to be successful? I'm due to go travelling from 26th Jan - 17th March and so worried I won't be here if its an in person assessment centre but equally don't want to put my life on hold as I might not even get through!

I’ve been looking into it and I’m pretty sure it’s a virtual interview perhaps with groups and then as an individual
Reply 46
Original post by Suzanne wilson
I’ve been looking into it and I’m pretty sure it’s a virtual interview perhaps with groups and then as an individual

Thanks so much
Yes Im almost 100 sure its virtual during the 4th round
Reply 48
Just curious- does anyone know what the group tasks in the 4th stage could include?
Reply 49
Original post by ibeingsarah
Yes Im almost 100 sure its virtual during the 4th round

Thanks so much!!! Just wanna hear back now
Anyone heard back yet? Literally checking my phone every 5 minutes 🤣
Reply 51
Anyone heard back yet? Literally checking my phone every 5 minutes 🤣

No ☹️ I keep checking too. If it was extended to sunday then it might be next week now
Original post by 1998k
No ☹️ I keep checking too. If it was extended to sunday then it might be next week now

No worries at all, the suspense is killing me 🤞🤣
No worries at all, the suspense is killing me 🤞🤣

last year it took almost two months
I got an email yesterday asking if I would consider Orkney as well as Glasgow. But it didn’t say if my interview was successful or not
Original post by sarahcollacca
I got an email yesterday asking if I would consider Orkney as well as Glasgow. But it didn’t say if my interview was successful or not

Anybody else got something like this? Does it mean there is no space in Glasgow?
Original post by sarahcollacca
Anybody else got something like this? Does it mean there is no space in Glasgow?

I don't think you should worry, they'll probably still consider you for Glasgow but they're probably undersubscribed for the Orkney vacancy and trying to see if anyone would consider it instead if they were unsuccessful for Glasgow which is probably oversubscribed
Reply 57
Hey, does anyone know the timeframe for when we’re likely to hear back from the online interview? I remember there being an exact date for round 2, but I can’t seem to find anything this time. Thanks!
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 58
They said in the next few weeks, however I think that was a generic message, I completed the 3rd task the next day, So I got that email on the 19th but closing date was the 7th, therefore I’m assuming it will be 2 weeks from the 7th

Thank you😊
Original post by l_124
Thank you😊

No problem, good luck 🤞

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending