The Student Room Group

TMUA

I’m applying for Cambridge maths course and didn’t achieve my potential in the TMUA P1 went decent 7.3 and P2 went very bad 5 giving me a 6.7 overall I’m not too familiar with the way it works but does anybody know if it will reduce my chances of going drastically as I feel it was just a fairly bad test that day and am definitely capable of higher will they take that possibility into account?
Original post by libgensym
I’m applying for Cambridge maths course and didn’t achieve my potential in the TMUA P1 went decent 7.3 and P2 went very bad 5 giving me a 6.7 overall I’m not too familiar with the way it works but does anybody know if it will reduce my chances of going drastically as I feel it was just a fairly bad test that day and am definitely capable of higher will they take that possibility into account?

TMUA isnt considered in a cambridge application for maths, so it doesnt matter.
Reply 2
Original post by tweetybiiiiird20
TMUA isnt considered in a cambridge application for maths, so it doesnt matter.

My schools told me that it’s compulsory for maths are you sure this is true?
My schools told me that it’s compulsory for maths are you sure this is true?

It’s not. There are people from my school who are applying for maths at Cambridge who didn’t sit the TMUA, it might be compulsory to sit it but it’s not essential for a maths course and isn’t used.
You can see there’s a sheet online which says which universities are accepting the TMUA and Cambridge only uses it for computer science and economics.
It definitely won’t put you at a disadvantage since you’re over 6.5 so id be more concerned about interview performance rn.
Reply 4
Original post by tweetybiiiiird20
It’s not. There are people from my school who are applying for maths at Cambridge who didn’t sit the TMUA, it might be compulsory to sit it but it’s not essential for a maths course and isn’t used.
You can see there’s a sheet online which says which universities are accepting the TMUA and Cambridge only uses it for computer science and economics.
It definitely won’t put you at a disadvantage since you’re over 6.5 so id be more concerned about interview performance rn.

oh thanks that puts me at ease so should i still show them then as its over 6.5?
oh thanks that puts me at ease so should i still show them then as its over 6.5?

It’s your call. If they know you sat the exam I would let them know otherwise don’t.
Main point is TMUA isn’t needed and your score isn’t “bad”

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending