The Student Room Group

Which universities look at the TMUA for computer science?

I recently took the 2023 TMUA exam and was wondering if I could send my TMUA results to others unis for computer science (like ucl/warwick/kings). Do other unis look at the TMUA, would it help my chances for an offer?

Thanks.
Original post by r..7
I recently took the 2023 TMUA exam and was wondering if I could send my TMUA results to others unis for computer science (like ucl/warwick/kings). Do other unis look at the TMUA, would it help my chances for an offer?

Thanks.

Assuming your TMUA was above something like a 5.0, I'd say that score definitely displays mathematical ability and you certainly could send it off to increase your chances of getting an offer.
Reply 2
There is an option to send it to universities on the metritests website, but none of the courses I want to apply to are listed. So that means I cant send it to them, or is there another way to do it? (i have already submitted my ucas application)
Original post by r..7
There is an option to send it to universities on the metritests website, but none of the courses I want to apply to are listed. So that means I cant send it to them, or is there another way to do it? (i have already submitted my ucas application)

Well, that means they don't explicitly consider it. Don't worry, you can email it to the admissions departments of the universities you are applying to stating the purpose of your email and your TMUA score. But then there is no guarantee that it will increase your likelihood of getting an offer because sometimes the admissions departments may not even reply; they are quite swamped throughout the year, to be honest. Check with a teacher beforehand if they may know of a better course of action, if not, then you may follow my advice.
Reply 4
If a Uni doesnt require a TMUA score or state on the relevant course page that they want it - it is totally pointless sending it to them. They dont use it as part of their assessment - its as simple as that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending